Saturday, March 1, 2014

When your heart hurts- God is still enough

Because he was FULL of grace and truth, from him we all received one gift after another. ~John 1:16

Life is a breath. A vapor. Precious. Every day is a gift. Every moment undeserved grace. Time is how we mark the moments. Time is how we pace ourselves. Time is everything. God is over everything.

Broken clock resting on my shelf to remind me to remain broken and to rest in God’s timing and let Him be God

God has been really working on my heart the past couple of weeks in the area of trust. Who am I putting my trust in? What do I trust? Lately it hasn’t always been in Him alone. Some waves have rolled in and rocked my world. The easiest thing for me to do is try to fix it and work through it in my own strength.  Then when I’m weary and can’t take one more step I fall back into God’s arms of grace. And sometimes I fall hard. But I’m there. I’m there where I’m always meant to be. I’m there where I’m known. I’m there and safe. Time and time again, I forget. And time and time again, He reminds me. Grace takes away the striving and allows me to be broken. When I’m broken, I can be made whole.

“You (God) never hesitate, to wrap us in endless grace, when we’re in Your arms.” – In Your Arms- Meredith Andrews. This song came on my Pandora station when I shut myself in my room after a rough day. I’d never heard it before, but it was absolutely what my heart needed to hear at that moment. God’s timing is perfect. I even took a picture so I wouldn’t forget that moment. A snapshot of one more time God showed His faithfulness. One more time He showed that He sees every detail. One more time to prove that He is an ever- PRESENT help in time of need. ~Ps. 46:1




When life rocks our boat- our security, God is our anchor. He is holding us still. He is our hope. In those moments, God shows us that we’re not meant to do anything apart from Him. He sustains us. We have to become undone to see that Christ has done everything. For us He paid it all. It is finished. Our past, present and future struggles and rough patches have already been mended by our heavenly Father. When I don’t know where to look for help, I must look to His face. I might still feel unqualified, but I must trust that I’m being carried in grace and truth. I’m carried by the One that gives one gift after another.
·        
 

     Above: Gifts I received this past week from people God’s placed in my life to encourage me that I’m where God’s called me to be. They’ve reminded me that hurting for others is a beautiful thing and every small thing done in love will make a lasting impression. They might not know they reminded me of all that, but it’s true. I’m so blessed to have people in my life who take the time to find ways to bless and warm my soul.


Rest and know that you’re carried today and always by our God of grace and truth! God knows what He’s doing. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment