Saturday, March 8, 2014

HOPE

HOPE. To trust and believe something will come to be. In a few words, that’s how I would define it. HOPE. When circumstances might tell you otherwise, HOPE gives reason to believe in change. A new reality. Something is shifting, weight is lifted and change is breaking forth. Transformation. HOPE transforms. Hope transforms mindsets, habits, lifestyles, hearts and relationships. Hope transforms US. God is HOPE. When we place our hope in Him, our hope is secure. We can be sure. We are full and spilling over with hope. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” ~ Romans 15:13 MMmm good!!


I don’t know what the future may hold, but I know who holds the future. ~Ralph Abernathy
HOPE. Walking by faith and not sight.

This past week, I got the opportunity to take a short trip to Grand Rapids to visit my dear friend, Julie, and her husband, Nate. They are visiting in the states for a short while before they go back to their home in Mozambique, Africa. They are part of an organization called “I Reach Africa”.http://www.ireachafrica.org/ Julie is an amazing lady with a passionate heart for the Lord, people and kiddos.

Julie in action

5th graduating class of Preschoolers from her school
I will save my Africa story for another time, but it’s friendships like mine and Julie’s that reminds me that God is so much bigger than I can think and imagine. How he can orchestrate and connect lives is astounding. I thank Him for allowing my path to cross with my beautiful sister in Christ.

Julie and I met in 2007 in Redding, CA

Mozambique, Africa 2012

March 2014
While my visit with Nate and Julie was short, it was a sweet chill time hanging out and seeing some Grand Rapids sights. We decided to check out the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park because their butterfly exhibit was open. What a great thing to help hurry Spring along! It was lovely.


Metamorphosis. Physical transformation. From egg to caterpillar, chrysalis to butterfly. Amazing, God-made process. Every detail fits together to complete the puzzle. A work of art. I’m blown away by the creative God I serve. Julie and I camped out by the "Release Platforms"  for awhile to get a close up look at these miracles.





Hope birthed from the unimaginable. Hope is a miracle. Every step in the process for the butterfly is necessary. When we walk in the truth of what’s coming, we are walking out hope. Christ, in all His glory, is coming for His bride. Everyone who has confessed Jesus as Lord and has been forgiven has been given a new heart. We are changed- pure, spotless, blameless & redeemed. 

“Since we have been made right with God by our faith, we have peace with God. This happened through our Lord Jesus Christ, who through our faith has brought us into that blessing of God’s grace that we now enjoy. And we are happy because of the hope we have of sharing God’s glory. We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience.” ~Romans 5:1-3

We are partakers of God’s glory. The hope of glory. One day.

Whatever is pressing in around us, whatever is stripped of us, the pain in waiting, it’s all worth it. Miracle in the making. The hope of glory.

My favorite beauty of the day- Leopard Lacewing

Thank you Lord for this beautiful reminder: I’m being made new. A work in progress. The process is the miracle. The end- glory sharer. Amazing.

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly” –Anonymous

Friends, hope in Christ alone. Our life journey is shaping and molding us. There is purpose in every pain and every joy. Christ is changing us to look more like Him. Only and always for His glory.

Be encouraged… and think spring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment