Saturday, February 22, 2014

We are...His


So a little fact about me: I LOVE thrift store shopping. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm actually an addict. My day is made when I can spend a couple hours browsing aisles of shelves stocked with random treasures sold cheap. Heaven on Earth. 

I've definitely developed a love of thrift stores and garage sales from my Mom. She knows how to find the deals! I love that it is a hobby we can do together. We're like kids in a candy shop. I'm thankful that she has shown me how to make treasures from trash too. That's my favorite part about finding something old. How can I give it a new purpose? Where can I find a place for it? It's the little things that make life special.

A couple of weeks ago, Mom found this chalkboard at a thrift store.
We love the frame and the size of it. We plan on painting more chalkboard paint over the words, but as it was sitting in the storage room I thought about the words again. "We are".

We are ___________(fill in the blank). We are constantly labeling ourselves or letting others label us.

I am...

unloved
ashamed
lonely
hopeless
scared
lost
unworthy 
weak
not enough

Fill in the blank with whatever. We've all felt it before. But Christ has changed all of that! Therefore, if anyone is IN Christ, he is a NEW creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. ~2 Corinthians 5:17

We no longer have to live bound by the labels. Past or present. They don't define us. That is not our identity. When we are IN Christ, we are NEW. Forever changed. Forever loved. Forever not our own.

I love the little ways God shows me I am His. When I’m not feeling ________enough (whatever it happens to be at that moment), He is teaching me to trust that He IS enough. His grace is enough. I desire to wake up knowing who I am IN Christ so I can walk through my day label free. I am alive IN Christ. The labels disappear. Grace walked out like it’s meant to be. Completely covered. He alone defines me.


May we never stop seeking the heart of God to discover who He is and what He calls us. We are His.


Dive into your true identity. You are loved friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment